Thursday, October 7, 2010

Spotty Dress Refashion

This is a refashion I completed before we moved, but completely forgot about!

I LOVE the simplicity of refashioning ladies baby-doll style tops into dresses for my (then) toddler daughter, Jovi. As she gets bigger, I am making re-adjustments to how I refashion my old tops (or tops I find at charity stores!) but more on that later...





For now I just wanted to share how this one turned out. The original top was a silky ruffled babydoll several sizes too small for me at the time (but that is ANOTHER blog!) I picked it up at Vinnies for around $2. It was as easy as pining the dress to Jovi for size inside out, then running stitches up the sides to bring it in to those points and re-sewing elastic straps on! She LOVES the dress, and although it looks like an expensive party dress, I let her play outside with the dogs & gumboots in it!

The photos show her trendy bob cut I gave her last summer too :-) The joys of a mum who can weild a pair of scissors!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home