Thursday, September 3, 2009

I Heart Shoes!

First of all I just need to clear this up: YES I did sign up to 6 months of no clothes buying and only re-fashioning... HOWEVER! This pledge rules out shoes! Hoorah, I cheer!

Which brings me to my next points: Firstly, that I have had to paint my nails in the Oh-So-Now shade of Velvet Black - but not so much for the fashionability but out of necessity: Those super hot black lace-covered-4-inch-hidden-ball-platform heels I scored (on sale!) for the July Townsville Cup Race Day were a size too small, and while I managed to squeeze my hoof into them (and look damn good on the day!), my poor toes bear the war wounds and reminder of too much champers, too little arch support. Not to go into detail, but Velvet Black was the only shade available to cover the bruising.


Now, any sane person would cut their losses and chuck the culprits of such hideous digit-mangling... but you see not only did I get the super hot black lace-covered-4-inch-hidden-ball-platform heels... but I also got the super hot LEOPARD print covered-4-inch-hidden-ball-platform heels - in the same size. And let me tell you BOTH these pairs of shoes look damn fine! So apologies to my poor tootsies (but a coup for my legs!) I will not be discarding these babies just yet...

Here they are so you can see the little Devils in Disguise!

Now on the other hand, I must put my "Mum" hat on now and consider my daughter's needs: You see, she wears orthotics. Myself being such a complete and utter fashion victim gawks at the hideous choice of footwear available to children, particularly little girls, who wear orthotics. While I myself will condone wearing outrageously inappropriate, ill fitting and outrageously uncomfortable footwear for myself, sensibility often gets the better of me when I am coveting children's shoes. Therefore, my poor daughter endures wearing practical, sensible (read: BORING) footwear. While she doesn't complain, I'm sure she notes the disdain in my voice when I tell her that the only options with a cute sundress is either her Dora sneakers or velcro "German-Tourist" sandals.

Until now!!! I have stumbled apon this gorgeous, snappy little range from Yunginz shoes! Check out the adorable range on their website! Now, where's my Visa???

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohh you need to check out my shoes on my blog..they have robots on them..far too high and impractical but i love them (and purchased before the re-fashion pledge). When your little girl grows up she can choose to squish her feet into incredibly impractical shoes but for now they have to grow and be supported! : )

September 3, 2009 at 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home