Tuesday, September 1, 2009

And Here It Is... From Top to Dress...

WHAT IS RE-FASHION you ask??? Re-Fashioning is the taking of an item of clothing and creating a new item from it: It's hip, it's fashionable, it's environmentally savvy and anti-affluenza!

So my 6 month pledge began yesterday and before I put myself to bed I vowed to be finished of my 1st Refashion: An ex-baby-doll cami top of mine into a funky, sweet sunshine-yellow summer dress for my daugher Jovi.

Here is the "Before" shot of the cami: 101_1057[1]
and here it is refashioned and rebirthed as a cute little sundress for my Princess! I made the straps elasticized and even added a little vintagey bow with some leftover bits on the right strap. Here she is striking her "model" poses for you all:
101_1098[1]

Jovi in her refashioned yellow dress

Of note: I do need to re-align the straps on the front further inward, but in the mean time Miss was happy to wear her new pretty dress with a Bonds underneath!
Can't wait to refashion my next project...

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger dana said...

Looks adorable and summery. And such an easy refashion. I have a feeling you'll be making more of these! Beautiful!
thanks for your sweet comment on MADE too :)

September 1, 2009 at 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home