Thursday, September 3, 2009

Adorable little sunhat from a skirt!

Here is my latest Re-Fashion addition: A skirt I have owned for a long time: 2 sizes too big for me but I have always loved the sweet little pattern on it.



So last night, I took the scissors to it and whipped up this little sunhat from it for my daughter: She LOVES hats and living here in the tropics it is a MUST have!
Here she is looking as adorable as ever!
Considering I'm still quite brushing up on my sewing and pattern making skills, I am quite proud of how it turned out.
Let me know what you think!

4 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

So cute! I love the last photo.

September 3, 2009 at 6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute

September 3, 2009 at 9:10 PM  
Anonymous Ktee said...

Did you sew it by hand Nik or with a machine??

September 3, 2009 at 10:27 PM  
Blogger Glammamumma said...

Machine... I managed it in about 40 minutes from cutting the pattern to the final trim of threads! Quite proud of myself!

September 4, 2009 at 4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home